Thursday, February 2, 2012

life lately...

It's hard to believe it's February already...  
{although with temperatures near 70, it's hard to remember WHAT month it is!}

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to
Created for Care {an adoption conference in Atlanta, Georgia}
Over 400 women gathered. 
The highlights included praise & worship, fellowship with some 
hilarious women and much needed quiet time.
These are some of the lovely ladies I had the privledge to meet, laugh with, and learn from.

We still don't have a court date and strangely my heart is at peace.  More than anything I wish I could jump on a plane today and love on our little boy, but....since that's not going to happen, I'm striving to find joy in midst of the waiting.  

Thanks for the prayers, friends. 
This weekend I had some time to think, pray, and surrender to God's perfect plan.

One of the verses I found myself repeating over and over again was Psalm 116:7.  

"Be at rest, once more, O my soul for the Lord has 
been good to you"

My mom shared this Psalm with me while she laid in her hospital bed during those bleak days back in August.  She wanted her funeral based on this Psalm...particularly this verse.

I so needed to be reminded of these words.  My soul needed to find REST 
and be reminded of God's faithfulness.

It's refreshing to be reminded that He has a plan...a perfect plan...and with time it will all come to be.

Happy Thursday, friends.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful truths for honest heartache, friend. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying in the waiting. The conference sounds awesome! It's like you're part of an elite cool club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a verse to memorize!!! Thanks for sharing. Praying for you & M.

    ReplyDelete