Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the call....

I've attempted to start this post numerous times in the last few hours.
I'm speechless--and yet I can't stop talking.
I can't wipe the smile off my face, yet my eyes swell with tears.

Today was the day, my friends.
Today, after nine months of waiting, with a picture of a ridiculously adorable little three year old in hand, we said "YES"....a thousand times over.

Overjoyed we cried "Yes!" to a little boy who has been on our agency's waitlist for months.
Unable to contain our excitement we shouted "Yes!" to a little boy who has stolen our hearts and has forever changed us.

We said "YES!" to our first child, a son....who we named:
Ezekiel
{which means "God will strengthen"}
{We will keep his Ethiopian name as his middle name-and once he's home we can share it :) }


And with a resounding "Yes!" we celebrated our first steps into parenthood!

In the days to come, as the shock wears off and I can regain composure, I hope to write more about our story and how this all came to be.
We can't post pictures of him until we pass court, but we would love to show you his picture in person!
{so, don't hesitate to ask!}

Thank you for walking with us--for the prayers and encouragement, the sharing of tears and shouts of joy. We are honored and blessed that God has called us to adopt. We are stoked to bring Zeke home.
We are giddy and still in shock. The emotions are many and tonight we're trying to soak it all in.

Tonight we're praying God may be working in Zeke's heart and preparing him for what lies ahead. We pray he may feel God's presence in a real and tangible way and that he may know he has a mom and dad who love him and can't wait for him to come home.

We're coming sweet, child...we're coming.

witih all our love,
emily & jim

18 comments:

  1. SO CRAZY EXCITED for you!!! Love that this day has finally arrived for the two of you! Praying for you guys and for little Zeke as you enter the next phase of the journey! CONGRATULATIONS!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom and I just read the post and we are beaming! we are all SOOOOOOO excited. yay Zeke! we love him and you guys SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Such a lucky little boy to have such amazing parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could celebrate with you in person!!!!! I am SO SO SO INCREDIBLY thrilled and overjoyed for you guys and for Zeke! God is so good and so faithful! Praying for his heart, for the two of you, and for a quick court date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Congratulations! So happy for the three of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and for the little guy who's going to be blessed with wonderful parents! God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We're going through the adoption process with the same agency, and have been following you guys and your story for a while! So so happy for you :)

    Andy and Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  9. weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! congratulations! i wish you could see how big i'm smiling right now!! can you email me the picture?? is that allowed? seriously, so flipping excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that I'm the first one on your blog to say Congrats! So excited for the two of you and this blessed little boy! I think that I saw him on the waiting child's list so very happy for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did all of our comments go???

    You know how excited we are! :) I can't wait to meet Zeke (and you) one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. COngratulations!!!! That is amazing!!!!

    Little boys are just awesome! The Legos! The Funny things they say! The adorable little Star Wars undies! :)
    -Kryste

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!! Super exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! I love it!! praise God for your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo happy for you guys!!! Welcome to the family Zeke!!! :)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Goodness! My eyes welled up with tears when I read this! Your prayers have been answered! Hallelujah! Zeke is so blessed to have two parents who love him so. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Love,
    Lindsey Johnson

    ReplyDelete