Thursday, March 31, 2011

We're #30!!! {and other life updates!}

I'm back. I'm back after a time away...a {much needed} time to rejuvenate my heart and my soul...

to process life. to stop "thinking" and start learning to simply "be".

After a week visiting family, I feel renewed and ready to face this crazy world again.

As my flight left Florida on Wednesday night, I found myself praying, "Lord, please reunite my whole family...my mom, dad, siblings, husband & SON here again next year"

That's a big prayer.


and I'm grateful we serve an even bigger God.

In other exciting news....there were numerous unexpected referrals this week.
We moved up NINE spaces in TWO days!!!

We're now #30!!!


How crazy and completely wonderful.
God is good, friends.

My heart is aching for the children in Ethiopia tonight and especially "older" orphaned children.

We've fallen in love with the pictures of the older kiddos on our agency's "waiting children" list. Part of me wishes we were at a point in life to adopt a 5, 7, 9 AND 14 year old.

Yes, my heart wants them all.

God is whispering to us and we're straining to hear Him. We know our child preferences need to change, because we know that's what HE is calling us to do....we're just trying to decipher exactly what He is saying. What age? gender? special needs? Yes, He's been talking and we're listening....and eagerly waiting to see what this means for us and for our family.

So, I'm asking for prayers and for clarity. We simply long to do God's will....to put aside our dreams and desires and simply live for Him.

so that's it. that's where we are and what we're doing. if you haven't heard from me about your adoption items and/or invoice PLEASE message me. I think I have contacted everyone!

thanks for your love & support.
feeling blessed tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the tough decisions you guys have to make. Praying for everything you two need to know=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James and Emily,

    I've been following your blog and your adoption journey for a while now, but haven't ever commented. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the thoughtful and genuine way you write. I'll be praying for you on your journey. We just started an adoption journey ourselves a few months ago and so many of the things you write that God is whispering to you we can relate to, too.

    We wish you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time in FL. I'm praying with you that NEXT year you'll be there with your child!

    "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." Isaiah 30:21

    Praying for you sweet friend as God continues to whisper to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I had no idea what number we were but then I looked at your timeline and we became a CHI waiting family the same day! I didn't think I'd be as anxious this second time around but I am!

    ReplyDelete