Tuesday, February 1, 2011

while we wait...

It's amazing how people we have never met, due to similar circumstances,
become like family. I find myself engulfed in their story and journey. I find myself praying for court dates and fundraisers, not only for ourselves, but for our new found "friends", some of which I want to introduce you to. So, without further ado, please meet...

The Shubin's! This family is adopting their second kiddo from Ethiopia. They are selling super sweet t-shirts to raise the rest of the money needed to travel to meet their precious daughter. ONLY 16 more shirts are needed to pay for their first trip. Will you consider purchasing one?! [I have one and Jim's is on it's way...love, love, love them!]

The Chase Family! This family has a special place in our hearts! They too are adopting through Children's Hope International and are directly in front of us on the wait list. We secretly pray we'll be able to travel together to meet our children [they are adopting a sibling set of TWO.] They are hosting an online adoption auction through Feb. 4. There are some ridiculously cute
items up for bidding... go take a look!

The Habuda's! Matt & Sarah are taking part in the "Recycle Love" campaign. It's a fundraiser event that another adoptive family set up. They receive $10 for every shirt sold...AND whatever family sells the most shirts receive an additional $500. Go HERE to read more.

Check back later for the latest on our puzzle! Still interested in sponsoring a piece?! We have 60-something pieces without a name and we would love to have yours included! [I'm getting giddy to see the finished product AND the back with all of the names...what an incredible sight that will be!]

with love and grace,
Emily




3 comments:

  1. Thank you Emily!!! You are wonderful and I am so thankful for you! I love the other two families that you mentioned too! I wear Erica's shirt all the time and have bidded on several of the auction items! :) I love how we can all support each other.

    We are hoping to join you guys on the CHI waiting list very very soon. Just waiting on UCIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...we love blog-stalking you, too!! :) I can't wait til we meet someday. Maybe we should do that sometime before Africa?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! Love those other two families too! :) In answer to your comment question I have S, M, L, and XL in the baseball T's on this pre-order. These will be ordered in a week and they should be shipped out by the end of February. :) Thank you so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete