Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Moving forward...

Our home study is scheduled for September 27 & October 4!!!

Our social worker hopes to have the report completed by October 7. [We're keeping our fingers crossed!]

AND THEN...

-we can submit our I-600A application
-wait for our fingerprinting appointments
-prepare documents for our dossier
-submit our dossier
-and WAIT for our referral! [on average 8-10 months for a little boy!]

UNTIL THEN...

we will be...

-completing 10+ hours of online adoption education courses
-taking a parenting class [scheduled for September 15]
-getting our lives & house in order, beginning with installing a dishwasher, tonight :)

Pure craziness.

It's hard to believe it's only been a month since we decided to pursue adoption in Ethiopia.

In some respects it feels like it's been a lifetime coming. I feel like navigating this adoption process is a bit like learning a foreign language. [Exciting, frustrating, discouraging, unfamilar]
But, when things start "clicking" and the light bulb turns on....a weight is lifted and a glimmer of hope prevails.

On that note, I'm signing off, leaving you with a youtube video of "Lucy Lane's Gotcha Day"
Hooray for homecomings! ....and happy tears.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that video just killed me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am amazing video. I cried the whole way through. Our prayers are with you as you oursue your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am SO excited for you guys.. I can't wait to watch God do His thing in and through you guys with this whole process!! :)
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is a tear jerker for sure!! Can't wait to see yours :)

    ReplyDelete