Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peace.

I never imagined choosing an adoption agency would be so difficult. I know we can't fully grasp how difficult this process will be, however; I didn't expect the challenges to arise so early.

However, God is faithful. We continue to believe this is what he is calling us to do. So, onward we go! Head held high.

I told a friend last night that I feel like I'm having a, mountain top experience, feeling "high" on life. True joy. My heart is running over. Perhaps because I am completely at peace with life, with God's calling? Or because adoption from Africa is a passion of my heart. There has been a lot of raw emotion around here;)

I know this, "mountain-top experience" can't last forever...but, I'm embracing it for the moment.

It's amazing how powerful this adventure has already been in our marriage. As our wedding vows said, "I promise to love you unconditionally, to challenge you, dream with you, and support you. I promise to faithfully uphold you in prayer and stand with you through all of life’s trials. I promise to laugh with you and celebrate the joys of life. I promise to grow with you and find joy in the uncertainties of the future as we discover God’s unveiling plans for our lives."

Can I get an, "Amen?!"

Uncertainties, joy, trials....I feel like those words were not only meant for the last three years of marriage, but ring so true for the here and now.

What a joy it is to pray together for the child God already has planned for our family. To pray not only for the little one, but for the mother who is making one of the hardest choices in her life...

a truly humbling experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment